PROJECT FIRED is one of a kind.
This Apache was a complete burn victim on live TV in the 2018 NorCal Paradise Fire, a complete loss. It was a lofty goal of mine to resurrect this piece of history & try build one of the baddest Apaches in the game. The patina is unmatched & its history truly makes this a One of One Apache.
The Patina is insane & solely from fire! After the fire melted this Apache & I got ahold of it, I simply dismantled what was left of the truck & with some CLR & Scotchbrite pads, I sanded it completely down till it was as smooth as I was possibly going to get. We then shot 3 coats of matte clear coat over each panel, inside & out & viola’! The patina has depth, dimension & looks next level. This Apache has been through the fires of hell & owns the scars to prove it.
This CEO SLED lays rockers, is fast as hell with the roar to show it. She tucks fat azz meats & has so many custom touches, it’ll take time to catch them all. Hell, I keep finding new little things I have missed!
This Apache can be driven daily, fires right up & is crazy fast. I have driven it all over Cali & to AZ for shows.
It has won multiple awards & been featured in Multiple National magazines, been featured inside of SEMA 2021. It has a clean CA title, heavily insured & is currently registered here in Los Angeles.
I highly recommend watching the video links of the truck & even more so, come see the truck in person.
Many OE parts come with the sale, as well as a custom truck cover.
Have your finances in order before trying to buy this. It is being sold AS – IS, there is NO warranty & you are solely responsible for all costs associated with picking it up, shipping, etc. I can help coordinate the pick up with video, but it’s on you.
Please don’t waste our time with tire kicker questions, I won’t answer them. Look up CEOSLED & PROJECTFIRED on IG & you will find a ton more content on the Apache. Yes, the truck is expensive & I live in Los Angeles, so come check it out.
Project Fired is a 1959 Chevy Apache 3100 Fleetside, SWB Truck
Happy Bidding & thank you for your time
Truck Builder – Devious Customs, Riverside CA
Motor Builder – SoCo Auto Salon, Costa Mesa CA
Audio Builder – Audio Concepts, Simi Valley CA
– Snowden custom low profile bench with cupholders, done in black leather & suede
– Bespoke steering wheel in antiqued brass, built by Steering Wheels by Kris
– Custom door panels wrapped in black suede
– Classic Industries “Task Force” gauge cluster
– Black suede headliner
– Power windows with OE crank handles (patina to match)
– Restored TruMOD AC unit with Stealth AC controllers
– Customs (patina to match) grills were built for the hidden vents., which took the place of the OE ash trays on either side.
– AC knobs replaced the OE knobs on dash (3)
– Additional vents tucked under dash to keep my knees cool!
– All windows are factory green tint
– Audio bass & volume knobs on dash as well
The entire cab was heavily layered in dynomat & padding. High end black carpeting fills the floor & rear wall. Devious then shot the entire cab in satin black except for the dash top. I intentionally left the dash raw with no clear. I wanted the patina to be softer inside. I scrubbed the dash with water & red scotchbrite pads & the result is this crazy dude like appearance. If ya look at or touch it you would swear its crushed suede. I went with power windows & used a set of oe handles & window cranks to finish it off. They were painted to match the patin. The entirety of the cab is either satin black or patina.
AUDIO- Custom built fiberglass box that housed 2 pro series JL flat 10’s
– box wrapped in black leather with custom logo insert behind the bench
– JL HD900/5 amp
– Custom kick panels wrapped in black leather with trim ring in black suede which are housing Focal Flax Evo seperates
– Custom door panels wrapped in black leather with trim ring in black suede which are housing Focal Flax Evo separates
– Stealth bluetooth head unit to control the insanely loud party!
Audio Concepts in Simi Valley designed & installed all audio & custom panels.
BEDThe bed was designed to look old & weathered & show off the center sections. The bed wood was distressed, beat up & stained multiple times to achieve the finished result. The bed strips are also distressed & painted to patina match. The bed floor is also raised a bit to house the compressors & let the massive exhaust slide by.
The wheel tubs are OE except for the 5” strips to widen them. I have yet to clear them or even hide the weld seam. I want people to see the patina & how much wider we went. They continue to rust.
The side of the beds is where Devious used the OE foot holds to port the exhaust with a killer, tear dropped reveal. Devious then created killer trim rings with copper rivets. Again, I left the trim rings raw so they could rust over.
Detroit Steel Ambassadors
Front – 20×9” / Rear – 20×12”
We let the raw steel wheels flash over for a month or so outside in the elements. Once the metal started to rust we then experimented with different acids, vinegars, colors of paints to achieve the insane patina look. by us not sanding each phase down the wheels are all different to the eye, but all have an unique texture, its crazy. Matte clear coat was then shot on the rims.
Detroit Steel Wheels sponsored this build courtesy of Emma
Lexani LX Twenty
Front 245/35ZR20 / Rear 345/25ZR20
I chose the shortened rear end from RS purposefully so that we could fit a fat 345 tire in the rear. Gotta have that fat azz. There is no rubbing because we designed & built the sled correctly. The rockers are the only thing that scrapes!
– Front 14” AERO 6 big brake kit, slotted & cross drilled rotors with black 6 piston calipers
– Rear Aero big brake kit, slotted & cross drilled rotors with 4 piston calipers
– Wilwood aluminum tandem master cylinder in black
– Wilwood 8” brake booster in black
– All the brake lines were (hard lined) in exposed matte copper
– All brake controls are mounted onto the RS chassis below the cab
– ididit steering tilt column
– Lokar column shift linkage
– RS billet swivel steering column joint
– Bespoke steering wheel finished in antiqued brass with clear / black wheel
– Borla sportsman racing mufflers (2)
– Stainless steel flexible exhaust bellows 3” – Full 3” stainless steel exhaust system
– Custom tear drop revels
– Custom steel trim rings with copper rivets
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
– LQ9 6.0L V-8 out of late 2000s suburban with a 4L80 trans
– Holley mid mount serpentine kit in satin black
– Holley Performance Terminator
– X power train control system
– Fast EV1 fuel injectors 48lb injectors
– Holley Performance Sniper kit
– Holley Performance throttle body
– Holley Performance intake manifold
– Honed intake ports
– BTR camshaft stage 3
– Ultimate headers 1 7/8” stainless
– Hi-torq starter
– 2 piece valve covers painted in satin black
– Aluminum radiator with 16” fan & shroud painted in satin black
– Holley Performance oil pan
– Melling oil pump
– MSD ignition
– Custom drive shaft
SoCo Auto Salon in Costa Mesa built the motor
The motor was painted in a hot rod gold color as an image to the old hot rodding days, but Devious added a ton of metallic flake to give it that pop. The motor, trans & driveshaft are all painted in this color.
All wiring was hidden including all Restored ac lines. I wanted the engine bay to be sterile & only reveal the crazy motor & patina metal.
– Devious built a custom bead rolled firewall that looks oe & the patina is nuts.
– All wiring is show quality & hard lined in a muted copper color.
The process for what you see is that I diluted CLR with water & scrubbed the entire truck down with red scotchbrite pads. Once the metal was mostly smooth I then shot 3 coats of matte clear on the entire truck, inside of the bed as well. The badges are all OE, but not from this truck obviously. Devious scuffed the badges up then patina’d them to match. The exterior mirrors were painted in satin black to match the interior. This particular truck was optioned with reverse lights & amazingly they survived the fire to a degree, along with the turn signal bezels. The colors that are in these bezels are shades of oxidized, green, copper, gold & brown. These bezels are what I based the whole build & color pallet on. The windows tie in the oxidized green & so on. The truck was purposefully designed well in advance to the actual build. Honestly I am still amazed it worked out.
Roadster Shop SPEC chassis, Slammed series
– Power rack & pinion steering
– RS front sway bar
– RS dual, frame mounted battery boxes
– Odyssey, dual batteries
– RS toe board panel
– RS billet swivel steering column mount
– RS LS motor mount kit
– RS polyurethane trans mount kit
– RS 20 gallon stainless gas tank with Coyote fuel Mgt
– RS UCA & LCA’s
– RS SV airbags by Fox
– Wilwood pro spindles
– QA1 adjustable shocks
– RS parallel 4-bar with billet Watts link
– RS SV airbags by Fox
– shortened rear end width 57”
– QA1 adjustable rear shocks
– Ford 9” rear end with 31 spline axles
– Pro Iron case with Tru Trac post traction
– 4:11 gears
Accuair eLeveL air mgt controls the system with custom billet mount Viaair 485 Black Widow compressors (dual) hidden under custom bed Flo Air tanks (2) 5 gallon tanks with custom billet mounts
The entire chassis & suspension components were left to flash over with rust before sending out to powder coat. I wanted that to tie into the patina that this Apache rocks, almost like scars from a fatal battle. I loved the industrialness of the welds & color from the heat, so I decided to have a (matte clear) powder coat shot.
– All the suspension lines are (hard lined) in a muted copper color, also tying into the same color pallet.
– Accuair control panel is hard mounted inside the truck.
I intentionally left the center portion of the bed exposed. I wanted people to see the art of the chassis & suspension components. Again the entire truck has exposed, hard lines for all suspension, fuel & braking, etc.
Thank you for your time & please know, I do not need to sell this. If the offer is right, it can be yours. I am sure I have missed something, sorry. The only reason I am toying with the idea of selling is I have more builds in the works & I don’t want to have it sitting in the garage under a cover. Feel free to reach out with legit questions if you want to buy it.
More info: Click here to see original eBay auction and get more information (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: 1959_deville
Location: Culver City, California, United States